Ipoh Trip with My Cookies Gang!

So last weekend me and some friends went on a road trip to Ipoh! Been planning this road trip for weeks and it was supposed to happen weeks ago but one thing after another came up that we had to postponed the trip to last Saturday when it finally happened! Our first stop when we arrived in Ipoh was Hong Kee Egg Tart located at Kedai Kopi Weng Seng. I would give a 7/10 if you ask me cause I personally like the crust to be thinner and crispier but other than that, it taste really good! I would share some photos of it if I can but too bad, I was too hungry at that time that I totally forgot to take any photo of it. 

And the light 'breakfast', we head off to Kedai Kopi Nam Chau for a proper breakfast. I had the Hor Fun and it was not bad. Apparently they are well known for their Curry Noodles which I should have ordered that instead buuuut I was craving for Hor Fun at that time, so yeah. 

After our breakfast we went on exploring the street just right next to Kedai Kopi Nam Chau, which has been embellished into a vibrant street filled with mural arts and colourful decorations around. Definitely a Insta worthy spot. Here are some photos of this street taken by a friend.



The street art along the road.

The shenanigans that me and my friends would do for photos.



While walking along the street, you will come across this alley in the middle of the side street which lead you into a back lane of probably some cafes/ boutique hotels, you might wanna be on the lookout for it as this small narrow alley can be quite hidden. 

The Small Alley


Next it was Jln Theatre Coffee for us. Simple yet a cozy cafe to chill at, and the cold Hojicha I had was really good! After some drinks and chilling time in the cafe then it was some dessert time at Woong Kee Beancurd, which is Tau Fu Fah, my favourite! Woong Kee Beancurd offers variety flavours of Tau Fu Fah and jasmine flavour is definitely my favourite if you may ask. 

When in Jln Theatre Coffee

Woong Kee Beancurd



Some sightseeing time after the non-stop food hunting.

Da Seng Ngan Temple

9 mins away from Da Seng Ngam temple is the picturesque Cemin Lake nearby. To get there, you need to walk past a quarry and through a short dark cave tunnel.

Cermin Lake
And then we had more food hunting again after Cermin Lake as we were trying to escape the rain too at that time. We had Peanut Paste and Mah Chee dessert at Hong Kee Mah Chee, it's a small store located by the old terrace houses along the housing area, some dessert worth trying I would say. We then headed to Dai Shu Geok for a proper meal which they are famous for their Yong Tau Foo. And it was then followup with a high tea session at Chang Jiang White Coffee for some drinks and waffles at Marketplace Waffle Bar and Cafe. While waiting for our overly bloated tummy to get some rest, we continue on our journey with some mural art trail in the heart of Ipoh town and finally, the last stop of our Ipoh trip was at Just Say Cafe for our dinner. The specialty here in this cafe is their four colours signature flavoured latte in skull glasses, also if you were to order all four all them well there is a unique way of drinking it too, something fun to try it especially when you are with a group of friends ;)

Before I end this post, can I just say that thank you guys for this road trip! Words can't express how thankful I am to have known each and every single one of you, my days were filled with more laughter ever since we got so close together! Thank you for being you and please stay awesome as ever!  

A group photo of us Cookies gang ;)

PS// Photo credits to Danial! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CRÈME DE LA CRÈME in Collaboration with Sanrio's Hello Kitty

The Launch of realme XT in Malaysia